A word from the CEO
I am delighted you are interested in finding out more! A career as a RINKA instructor is simply one of the most rewarding directions you could take and I really believe that working with children is a blessing. With childhood obesity at an all time high, the need for children’s fitness has never been greater, Our instructors are experiencing outstanding success because they are giving parents what they want most – healthy, happy children!
I think what I probably love most about working with children is the fact that no two days are the same, no two classes are the same and, the truth is, no two kids are the same! I love getting to know each and every child that comes through my door and recognising the little person inside. I love the stories they tell me at the start of class, the ins and outs of what they did that day. I love the silly things they say and the simple, straight-forward outlook they have on life. And to top it all off I get to inspire them to love fitness, activity and health. It’s the dream job!
And I want to share that with you! When you join RINKA, you don’t just join a team, you join the RINKA Family. We are here to guide you through every step of your journey and help you in every way possible to be as successful as you can in your area. The beauty behind RINKA is that all the hard work is done for you. We look after the business end of things, and ask that you concentrate on giving 100% to the classes you teach, spreading the RINKA magic to all your kids.
Down to the Nitty Gritty
1. What We do
RINKA classes are all-inclusive and age appropriate and focus on making fitness fun for all. We strive to offer alternatives to mainstream sports, ensuring we are helping all kids reach their physical activity requirements and not just those who love sports already.
Each term we focus on different aspects of our curriculum and each class ranges in activity from high-energy games and athletic skills to gymnastic skills and dance and movement. We ensure that every child is introduced to a range of skills and experiences in a fun-filled, non-competitive way.
RINKA is delivered through after school classes, holiday time camps, birthday parties, and during school and creche sessions. When you teach, and how many classes you offer per week is entirely up to you.
2. Qualifications and Training
As a RINKA instructor, we do not insist on any specific qualifications but obviously a love for working with children and a keen and active interest in health and fitness are essential. We are looking for people with the energy and passion to inspire young kids towards leading an active lifestyle.
Also, it is important to note that as an instructor you will be running your own business and will not be an employee, however you will have plenty of support from the RINKA team in this process. As such, it is important that you are comfortable with the idea of sales, marketing and promotion and will be willing to carry out the activities recommended by RINKA to get your business up and running.
Training is done in two parts. The first part is a one-day, fun-filled, high energy workshop that covers the practical side of teaching your classes. The second part is available online and covers all the elements of setting up your RINKA business. You have two weeks to complete this part.
The fee for the instructor training is 295e, which is payable in two installments. The practical workshop day is 175e, and this is payable in full before you attend your training. The second installment of 120e is due before you begin your online activities. Note that as soon as you pay your 175e your area is reserved for you and nobody else can apply to teach RINKA there.
Once your initial training is complete, you then pay a very manageable royalty fee of only 35e per week. To break that down, you only need 5 kids per week attending classes to cover your fee – some instructors are currently teaching over 200 kids per week!
Your weekly royalty covers:
* A detailed manual covering all aspects of the business.
* Class plans for every class you teach.
* Professionally designed leaflets & ads.
* Your own Facebook and Instagram account.
* A unique territory from which to run your Rinka business – no other
instructor can enter your area.
* Termly curriculum training to keep your skills fresh and up to date.
* Marketing Department support
* Access to the Rinka Instructor Forum
4. How do I Join?
Step 1: Confirm your territory with RINKA
Step 2: Book your place on a one-day workshop of your choice
Step 3: Complete Garda Vetting
Step 4: Attend training day
Step 5: Complete online activities (which will guide you on how to set up classes)
Step 6: Start your dream career!
5. Hear from our current people
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much does the equipment cost?
- Your starter pack can be as low as 150e which you can add to as the weeks go on
2. What insurance do I need and how much does it cost?
- You need public liability cover which will cost in the region of 250-300e per year depending on how many classes you will be teaching.
3. How big is my territory?
- An initial territory is based on a population of 5,000 people but the options of growth are there once you have established your first area.
4. How much is a term?
- This varies from area to area, and we will help you with this during training, but as a rough guide an 8 week term is 60euro and school work is rated at 50e per hour
5. What is the adult:child ratio?
- For 3-5 year olds, the ratio is 2:14 and for 6-12yr olds the ratio is 2:18. You must have a helper in class with you, but we talk you through your options for this during training.
7. How many classes must I run a week?
- This is entirely up to you, but obviously the more classes you run the more profitable the business will be, However, we do not dictate how many you should do.
8. When does my royalty start?
- You have four weeks on completion of your online course before your royalty begins
9. What is the get out-clause?
- We simply require four weeks notice
Ethos of RINKA Class
Full Time Part Time Career
Traits of an Instructor
What happens in class